The Arachne system is a yellow star which is particularly cursed with human colonisation by the 1st and 2nd Generation ships. It also lies in a strategic junction between warp points, lying between
- the Garabaldi/Bourboni border system of Gnocci who?
- The Niptish Empire system of New Formosa
- The Earth colonised system of Athena which has colonies from Catholic Communard Commonwealth, Maphilindo Confederation , the United Americas and some minor Earth powers.
- · The Coalition system of Kimanjano here
- · It is also only a few jumps from the Holy Stellar Empire.
There are 4 planets with human colonies on
Arachne I – a series of mining colonies including Space Nazis https://clarkythecruel.wordpress.com/2011/11/27/prodigal-empires-the-planet-of-arachne-i/
Arachne II – a dry atmosphere planet with a decaying alien civilisation being colonised by humans (a riff on Clark Ashton Smith, Edgar Rice Burroughs and Space 1889 Mars.) https://clarkythecruel.wordpress.com/2011/11/27/prodigal-empires-arachne-ii-the-alien-races/
Arachne III – A rich jungle world with a variety of dangerous life forms.
Arachne IV – a dirt planet ruled by a Mecha Matriarchy Monarchy hthttps://clarkythecruel.wordpress.com/2011/11/27/prodigal-empires-the-planet-of-arachne-iv/
Arachne V – a gas giant with a couple of frozen but habitable moons, and a more temperate one known (as is the main Island upon it) as Nueva Esperanza home to a wargame campaign https://clarkythecruel.wordpress.com/2011/11/30/arachne-v-the-moon-of-nueva-esperanza/
I’ll deal with each planet in turn in separate posts which I will link into here.