based on the handy hints at Jeffs game blog I’m going to try and answer these questions:
- What is the deal with my cleric’s religion?
It’s all a lie but he might not suspect that. Now his church might be corrupt or so some good in the world (or both.)
- Where can we go to buy standard equipment?
Drakesdoom has plenty of stores – it depends on the definition of ‘standard’ equipment.
- Where can we go to get platemail custom fitted for this monster I just befriended?
Somewhere around the Barracks Barrio at ‘Clamour Corner’ venture. Let’s say there is an armourer, a hulking eight armed hunchback from the Black Alps who’s name is unpronounceable to Ancienians so he settled for ‘Octavian.’ After a few years service with the Guard he had saved enough money to buy and manage a blacksmiths serving the more unusually formed members of the Drakesdoom community or unusual mounts.
- Who is the mightiest wizard in the land?
Mehmet Hermathoth, an Ishmali alchemist and scorceror that lectures in the House of Wisdom. His power and strength is such that he’s on the retainer to the Margrave as Court astronomer, astrologist and wizard..
- Who is the greatest warrior in the land?
Maybe the Fish with No Name ? Well he’s certainly the greatest gunman though he will be on the edge of the desert and far south.
- Who is the richest person in the land?
- Where can we go to get some magical healing?
The holy banks (religious quarter)
- Where can we go to get cures for the following conditions: poison, disease, curse, level drain, lycanthropy, polymorph, alignment change, death, undeath?
Again the holy banks or maybe the Paladin Guard barracks in the Barracks Barrio.
- Is there a magic guild my MU belongs to or that I can join in order to get more spells?
The nearest equivalent is The Fallible Forum
- Where can I find an alchemist, sage or other expert NPC?
The House of Ideas quarter in West Drakesdoom.
- Where can I hire mercenaries?
The Barracks barrio, he’ll on wheels or street toughs from Allentown or the Narrows
- Is there any place on the map where swords are illegal, magic is outlawed or any other notable hassles from Johnny Law?
Ancienian (and in particular Freyorian and Einvolk) villages will punish magic & most adventuring activities
- Which way to the nearest tavern?
Take us pick of the Alehouses
- What monsters are terrorizing the countryside sufficiently that if I kill them I will become famous?
Old one eye, a grounded roc terrorises the right banks of the midsection
- Are there any wars brewing I could go fight?
Orcish tribes are rising in the Eastern Coast. The Tawny may erupt into war. The Desert Raiders attack all the time and rancher and homesteaders get into conflict all the time.
- How about gladiatorial arenas complete with hard-won glory and fabulous cash prizes?
Fights do occur on the Field of Mars most notably the ‘Festival of Fists.’
- Are there any secret societies with sinister agendas I could join and/or fight?
They wouldn’t be much of a secret society if you knew about them at the start…
- What is there to eat around here?
Beef, fish, grains, orchard fruit as well as exotic game and desert fruits.
- Any legendary lost treasures I could be looking for?
The ruins of the Necropolis and Caracosa might have some but research would be needed.
- Where is the nearest dragon or other monster with Type H treasure?
Does not compute! What’s a type H treasure.